Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Asphyxiation

How many words can you make from it?
At least a hundred?
I might as well list them.
I got the time, you see.

On the other side of my cubicle
Is another, where
A worker toils, sweats blood
But I have nothing to do.

Some stress for lack of work
And some just on account of it
Is it not possible for parity
In any aspect of capitalist life?

Something’s choking me
Oh! It’s the eight hours I need to log
It never seems to go away
However hard I try (Hope this helps).

Sphinx: A mysterious person
Whose intentions are not quite clear
She’s said to kill those
Who could not solve her riddles.

Phat: It’s passé, the Web tells me
Used to be “Pretty Hot And Tempting.”
A way to call a woman fat
And ensure she never blinks an eye.

Sap: There’s many meanings
The verb weakens
The nouns are fluid and stupid
The all-caps version concerns computers.

Ax: They say the Americans economized
Dropped the final “e” and no one missed it
Cos it didn’t serve any purpose
Oh wait – we are an American company!

1 comment:

Jason Leary said...

This is completely amazing writing. I love it.