Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All play and no work makes me a dull worker :(

So, I’m at my new job, but have nearly nothing to do. Last week, they said this week will be busier, and this week, they say the next will be busier.
The work is so-so, and I’m doing extra things on my own initiative, like creating a training manual for writers to avoid simple mistakes. That’s pretty much the only thing I’ve done, actually.
I edited three documents or so, and V. said I’d receive a document today to edit, and it’s 3 p.m., and I have nada. Zip. I’m somehow not able to initiate talk, and don’t quite know what to do with my time.
If they give me a document at 5 p.m. today, I’m going to blow a fuse. They’d better not give me anything today, then!
But doing nothing is awful; never thought I’d be the one saying this.
When I came into this swanky office, I thought this was Corporate India at its efficient best – all smart and well-oiled. But that’s far from the case, as I’ve probably cribbed earlier as well. I’m thinking it’s be great if I had some extra writing work to do – partly why I’ve taken up this side assignment with Vin.
Oh well, let’s see what goes on.
Had dinner with one of my best friends from college yesterday, and she had some insightful things to say about society today.

Update: Just got an e-mail that details some tasks for the next few days. Seems like I have a lot of work coming my way tomorrow!

No comments: