Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Official I'm Not

Yup--been four days since I quit my job. AS in, since I stopped working. I figured I'd try this for a while--working is overrated anyway.
And it still hasn't sunk in.

I still go to sleep sort of planning what needs to be done, and think I only have early mornings and nights to do it.

I still go to sleep thinking which outfit I'll need to press the next morning, or most likely, which one doesn't need ironing!

I still think, somewhere in the back of my mind, that I can log into Microsoft Communicator, and chat with my colleagues about how bugging work is.

I still think I can live the "professional life" vicariously, just by staying abreast of happenings in the office.

I still think that I can somehow converse with my colleagues without missing a beat, and that weekly 5-minute calls will substitute the nearly 8 hours spent in the office everyday.

And most of all, I still think I care about what happens there.

Not sure when I'll wake up--but when I do, you'll hear about it!

4 comments:

ambrosia said...

Hey Meera, sounds like you are missing LB :( and thinking a lot :) On the other hand I am sitting here and envying your freedom :( bigtime!

Absolutely Serendipitous said...

It's been more than three months since i'm out of LB, but I still miss that place. Why? It's because of the friends that I found there. I had some very memorable days with you in LB. Remember the day when we were rehearsing our song? I don’t think I’ll ever stop missing LB (friends.)

Gurooji said...

Ambrosia:
It IS nice being jobless--but there still seems to be no time--why?

Vandya:
Yes, I carefully took the lyrics of our song home--wonderful days indeed :)

ambrosia said...

Gurooji, I wish I could figure THAT one out :-(