Monday, February 2, 2009

Passion

Here's what I've discovered about myself after my 30-odd years of life--I lack a passion.

I know people who are passionate about different things:
Bridge --the game (no prizes for guessing who this is)
Cleaning
Cooking
Furniture-making
Music
Reading (one is even passionate about just biographies)
Philosophy
Gardening
Photography ... and many more.

But whenever I think about what I am really passionate about--I draw a blank.

I've tried music (not happening), writing (love it, but doesn't always get me pumped), photography (am not too good at it), and whatnot. But that single thing that can keep me going like an Energizer bunny has eluded me. Maybe with time, I can figure it out?

So how is someone's passion defined? And what's yours (if you have one)?

5 comments:

ambrosia said...

Hi Chennai Girl! Just saw that you have updated your blog and so I barged in! :-) Tell you what, my passion for pursuing any passion does not last long.... so by that measure, I am left without a "passion" in no time :-( Else I feel like developing passions for which I have no time and resources at present! Quite complex, no!! So, over time, I have told myself that it is perfectly all right to lack a passion! Does the lack of it bother you too much?

Gurooji said...

Hi.. welcome to the "passion-free" gang!
Nah, doesn't bother me too much--just wanted know if it was weird to NOT have something called a "passion" -- something that drives you!
BTW, your ID reminds me of my latest fad (am sure it's just that): winemaking ;)

Absolutely Serendipitous said...

Gurooji, I'm glad that you are back.In my opinion being passionless is more comforting rather than having too many passions. It gives me sleepless nights thinking that I have no time to pursue my passions.
All the best for the future. I'm sure you will find something interesting in your coming days.BTW,I love your style of photography.

Gurooji said...

Thanks, Vandya.
I hope so too--V says it'll come to me. Of course, he can afford to say it--he's found his!

ambrosia said...

Wine is "nectar" indeed ;) do remember me if your need the services of a taster :-) Coming back to the subject of passions, I do enjoy the in-between phases that I mentioned earlier when the "passion" is at its height and a single-minded determination seizes me. Now, the question is, does passion have to be long-lasting and sustained over a period o time?