Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Election Tamasha!

Elections are upon us! I know--everyone's a rogue; what does it matter? If you don't want to vote for anyone else, go to the polling booth and tell the presiding officer that you don't want to vote for anyone.

There is a case in the Supreme Court right now that is dealing with keeping the identity of such "negative voters" secret. Let's see what happens to that.

For more information, including knowing which constituency your house falls under, visit www.jaagore.com.
You might have seen the Jaago Re! ads on TV-- they have many ways you can get involved, and feature tons of info. about voting.

Remember that D-Day is May 13 in TN; April 30 in K'taka. The last date to register to vote will be around April 14 in TN, and April 1 in K'taka.

Do offices give the day off? If not, please take the day off to vote. Otherwise, we might just lose the previlege of cribbing!!

3 comments:

Munchmany said...

Now this is a wonderful template. Awesome!

Yeah....i will definitely vote for i dont want to lose my right of cribbing. No way!

my brother was teling me about this feature where you vote an option "None of the above" or somthing like that. Not so sure.

If majority of the indian population does that, re-elections will be held and the parties will have to come out with fresh nominations. Hows that?

Vegetarian Zest said...

The header of your blog looks cool. Truly represents Chennai.
I don’t have a voter’s identity card. It’s not that I didn’t apply. I did through Jago Re.com but nothing worked. Looks like I won’t be able to vote. What should I do?

Gurooji said...

Hey Munchmany,
Super! I'm guessing you're registered in your new constituency :)

Vandya,
You don't need a voter ID to be able to vote, in one of the many ironic things about the Indian elections :)
You need only be registered to vote--check this out:
http://www.jaagore.com/faq_voteridcard.html#2